Verified Reviewer

My delivery was scheduled for 6-6:30 on Sunday, April 12th. I was in the hospital.

My cousin came from 30 mins. away to receive the delivery. The driver, Lisa K., got there at 5:40. She called me to tell me she was there.

I told her my cousin would be there by 6, probably before 6. She said she couldn't wait and would have to go back. After pleading with her to wait, and keeping her on the phone for as long as possible, she said she needed to check with Instacart to see what she should do. She never called me back.

My cousin arrived at 5:50, and the delivery had left! I then got a call from "customer service", a man who wasn't listening to me. I had to tell him 3 times that if the delivery was scheduled for 6-6:30, and someone was there by 6 to receive it, then the driver should have stayed, especially since I told her that my cousin would be there in 5 mins.! He finally said he would contact her and tell her to come back.

I told this to my cousin. I then went to the website, and it looked like the delivery would be made in 17 mins., then 23 mins., then, after another 30 mins. the progress screen was blank! My cousin had been sitting in her car, waiting, for ONE HOUR!

She went home. I came home from the hospitalINSTACART!AVOID to a very depleted situation, food-wise. Now I have to start again, and wait a week for groceries that I was counting on having NOW! What kind of insensitive people do you hire as drivers?

She wouldn't wait at least until 6, the time stated on your website! I WILL NEVER USE INSTACART AGAIN!

User's recommendation: Avoid Instacart!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments