I noticed a suspicious charge on my bank account today for $149. It was Instacart.

Apparently, their 2-week free trial, if not cancelled, will AUTO-BILL this subscription rate! Buyer beware! It took me some time on the phone today to cancel this! NOT happy at all!

*I just read their 'Terms & Conditions' updated Nov 2017, and can't find anything about this either.... I'll never use them again because I feel like they tried to slip in under the radar and use my credit card without my authorization! In my opinion, this is reminiscent of the book and record clubs of the 80s when they 'hooked you' and hoped you wouldn't take the time to cancel with them so they could continue to pick your pockets! When I used Instacart, I was told I'd be charged the delivery charge for that delivery.

I presumed THAT was how the process worked. NEVER AGAIN!

Review about: Instacart Membership.

Reason of review: Unclear terms & conditions.

Comments

Yes—this exact thing happened to me. I also had to spend a long time on the phone, five minutes on hold, ten minutes arguing with the woman who insisted the fee was spelled out very clearly on their site. I don't believe it is.