I had surgery in December 2020 and could not lift heavy items, soI couldn't go out to do grocery shopping.

I made an order on 23rd December with @instacart. The delivery person delivered another customers items.

And she was rude about it, because I did not inform her that I lived in a walk-up, and building did not had an elevator. What she delivered was not my order, and though it was a small order, a cartoon of eggs and case of bottled water, she huffed up two flights of steps, and threw the items at my door with a bang.

Im sure that other customer received broken eggs.

When I mentioned to her that this was the wrong order, she said well there is nothing I can do about it, you need to call @instacart, and she walked away. I called the customer service and they told me that they would deliver my order within 4 hours. To date Ive yet to received that order.

I was running low on food and needed nutrition to take pain/anti-inflammatory medication etc. After 10 phone calls I found out that the original staff I spoke to on the phone marked my order as delivered.

It got to the point that I almost did not have food in my home for Christmas. @instacart charged my card $100 for the original order, returned that $100, and recharged me $85, that they refuse to refund.

When I called their finance department I was told I needed to provide proof of the charges, because there isnt a record of charges to my account. I told the finance staff Im looking at the charges on my bank statement as I speak to you.

I filed this as a fraudulent transaction with my bank, and to date @instacart is giving the run around to refund my money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Instacart Delivery Service.

Instacart Pros: Convenience.

Instacart Cons: Horrible customer service, Dishonesty, Fraudulent.

Comments