Verified Reviewer

Resolved
1.4
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user May 07, 2020

After numerous attempts, I finally reached a customer service agent that actually solved, cared, and listened to what happened to me in regards to one of their shoppers. They were sorry for what I had gone through, they also disconnected that shopper from my account and stated that they will be speaking with that person, they also credited my Instacart account with monies to be used if I decide to use them again, and they credited my bank account for monies that were charged by the thief shopper.

Original review posted by user May 05, 2020

Instacart shopper substituted foil for toilet paper and napkins for paper towels. I returned those items back to the shopper.

The shopper then charged my debit card double cost for the foil. I emailed customer service the same day I was charged and did not hear from them for 30 days (told to be patient due to their overload because of the virus). I contacted them last week through chat and their system would state that I was number one in line for service and then I would get timed out. This happened 7 times.

So I emailed customer service again for their help. Someone finally responded today May 4th and was told that I could receive a refund back to my Instacart account or to my debit card. I did not want to have anything to do with this service or shopper again and ask for it to be refunded back to my debit card. Then I received a response later today stating that I could not receive a refund because 14 days had passed since the order/delivered date (after they said that I would).

I told the agent that it was not my fault that they did not respond and what does this mean for the customer who got ripped off $37?

Would you believe I am waiting for another response? This is totally BS and the worse shopping service ever.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Instacart Customer Care.

Instacart Cons: Shopper substituted items without consent, Shopper kept returned items, Shopper charged customer for returned items.

Location: 5625 Gosford Road, Bakersfield, CA 93313

Comments

#1901283

Shopper cant charge ur credit card its all up to the service they do everything and shopper only has a debit card that can be used to pay for the groceries. Idk what do you gain lying on here but okay.

#1901426
@PissedConsumer1901283

Since you were not the one that was ripped off, you have no idea what happened between me and Instacart. I do not have to lie about my experience.

To keep this real, I did not use a credit card for my purchases.

I am glad that I got the issue resolved and learned a valuable lesson about using this type of service. Plus, I do not give false statements/reviews when I critique a business.

Instacart Reviews