Resolved
1.5
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Update by user Oct 09

Update: Company eventually refunded the overcharge on the chicken.

Original review posted by user Sep 12

I was charged $26 for a $6 pack of chicken. Not only that, I was overcharged for flowers, soup, and who knows what else! I've been a long time client of this service, but until the obvious overcharge, I never questioned the prices.

When I confronted them, they told me I should never have seen the actual receipt and were graciously refund me $17. What?! You overcharged me more than $20 on just the chicken alone!

I paid a delivery fee, a service fee, and a tip. The delivery person was kind and seemed concerned over the overcharge, which is how I saw the actual receipt. I am shocked by the shady way this is being handled by their custimer service.

I will not be using them again. They just lost a loyal client who used them at least once a week for large purchases.

Product or Service Mentioned: Instacart Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I liked: Having groceries delivered.

I didn't like: Being overcharged.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 12.

Comments

How are you not seeing you were charged for over 4lbs at $6.09? That's where your cost is.

Smh. Read better next time.

ImpeccableMagellanicPenguin
to Izzy456 #1576954

The actual cost per pound from their account was $6.09 per pound, and I was charged for 4.3 pounds. The actual package of chicken was 4.29 a pound and was just over a pound.

Making the actual package of chicken $6.01. I saw it all clearly. They did not, however. There will be no next time.

I can read just fine.

The photos were posted for a reason. Perhaps you should look at them before commenting on something in the future.

h.kitchener

It seems like just about every large retailer is attempting to find another way to scam people. It is amazing how many people never look at what price is being scanned in the store or look at their receipts. Probably best to actually shop yourself and pay attention to what is being rung up.