Verified Reviewer

1.1

Buyer beware. This company does not act ethically and is predatory to people who cant fight back.

I bought groceries for my sister on. 8/18/21. She is a senior citizen with a disability. The amount came to $140.40, they put a hold on the bank account for that amount.

Later I saw that there was 2nd charge for $150.00 from Instacart. I called IC and they refused to take the amount off and told me that it will take 3 to 5 business days to refund, and this is their SOP. I informed them that it is not legal to put a double hold on someones money. This illegal act overdrew her account.

After talking to two CSRs at IC I heard multiple reasons why they did this, they blamed my bank and said that it was my banks policy, they also said that it was their policy to put a second hold.

I was so frustrated that they would take advantage of their customers and tie up their money for 3 to 5 days on Friday afternoon. I told them I was filing a complaint with consumer affairs, SM, and BBB. Miraculously the 3 to 5 day hold vanished in 1hour.

I wont use Instacart again, IC has messed up most of my orders. They wont give you the store receipt, just what they charge you in the app for groceries.

User's recommendation: Don’t use this company and less you want to be ripped off and frustrated.

Location: San Rafael, California