Verified Reviewer

2.8

Just posted on FB:

Heads up about ordering from Instacart. I wanted to share my frustrating and very expensive experience.

I was told by the website that I could add to my order right up to the day it was picked up, which i thought was pretty cool, since the pick up was about six days out and every day I'd think about another item and add it to the list. At four days our I received an email saying, Hey, your order is ready early! Great, picked up order, mostly happy with order. (Some things out of stock, some replacement items not very happy with, but overall good experience.)

Then on original day of pick up I get another email saying, Hey, your order is ready for pickup!

Somehow in the "add to your order" option it thought I created two different orders. So I start scrambling to cancel the order. Useless to go through the grocery store. It has to all go through Instacart, which is so slammed with phone calls that I'm told i have a 58 min wait on hold (with REALLY bad music).

So I keep my phone on speaker phone and head out to pick up takeout. After waiting 48 min, while juggling takeout, gloves, opening car door, etc., I accidentally hang up the phone!!!

I go back to the Instacart app and see my personal shopper has been texting me while she shops, but I didn't get any pings, and she has just stopped, and my order is ready, and I have exactly 30 minutes to pick it up. I call Instacart again and am told I have a 49 min wait on hold. So I race to the store and pick up my duplicate order.

(Can you guess my stress level at this point?)

Bottom line: Friday I paid for about $96 in groceries.

Sunday I paid for about $86 for the same groceries. I now have duplicates of personal care products that will last me about five years, and some perishable items that will expire before I can use them.

Lesson: If you use the Instacart website, either DON'T add to your order, OR somehow try to make sure you haven't created a separate order.

This has been a public service announcement. #instacart

User's recommendation: Don't add to your original order.

Product or Service Mentioned: Instacart Website.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Instacart Pros: Safety during virus isolation.

Instacart Cons: Confusion on website led to costly mistake.

Comments